WHAT IS AN ANIMATHLON ?
Discover triathlon in a friendly, playful, easy-going and non-competitive way. The international Triathlon of Obernai-Benfeld organizes an animathlon in order to offer an insight in the world of triathlon to all non-licensed persons aged 14+. Each race will comprise a maximum of 50 participants. An information briefing on the race and the basic rules to respect will take place before each race. During the race, seasoned triathletes will be there to provide advice and assistance, especially during both transitions (swim/bike, bike/run). A food & drink station will be available for all participants on the finish line.
- This is a non-competitive race, but each participant must wear a bib for organizational purposes.
- Equipment: bike in good condition (race bike or MTB) with caps on both ends of the handlebars, cycling helmet, bib holding belt (offered by the organizing team), swimming goggles (recommended)
- Outfit: Naked chest is prohibited for the bike and run courses; women may wear a full (one-piece) swimming suit.
- Provide a medical certificate authorizing the participant to practice triathlon (not necessarily in a competitive way). Other licenses than triathlon licenses are accepted.
The organization provides
- Swimming cap
- Bib with electronic chip
- Date: Saturday May 30 2019 – Start number collection from 15h00 till 16h45 in Benfeld
- Location: Benfeld lake
- Information breafing at 16.50
- Swim start at 17.00
Fee : 15€, which includes: swimming cap, bib with electronic chip, finish line food & drink station, secured courses and finish line recording.
Start number collection
Saturday May 30 15h till 16h45 in Benfeld
Opening / Closing area
From 16.00 till 16.45
Bike retrieval timeslot